Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

If someone is considering surgery...?

Posted by Terri on 6/02/05 at 07:43 (176017)

How do I find out if any complaints have been made against the doctor? I'm not rushing into anything but after sitting home a year except for going to work ( and I have a desk job ) and trying ESWT, orthotics, icing, stretching, Bextra then Celebrex everyday I'm starting to become a little desperate.

Re: If someone is considering surgery...?

Ralph on 6/02/05 at 16:32 (176053)

Terri,
I imagine if you pay the right attorney you probably can find out what ever you want about a doctor. There are websites that advertise that they will also do this but I have no idea what you'd get for your money. You know whether they are honest or not.

You could probably check with your state medical board on line to see what they consider 'public information' and see if it's what you are looking for.

From the sound of your post you may be looking for information that isn't considered 'public information' or maybe you are thinking about some legal action down the road. If that is in the back of your mind, just remember there are time limits to do these things.

Trying to prove a doctor has done you wrong is hard to do, but only an attorney can tell you if you've got a case or not.

john king on 6/06/05 at 15:27 (176199)

The state of Florida has a website that identifies doctors who have had malpractice awards against them. That does not tell the whole picture. Sometimes settlements don't show up. If you are looking for a good doctor ask your family doctor for a referral. You can find someone who is good by process of just networking with medical people in your area. The good honest doctors know who the bad apples are and who the good ones are in other special areas. If the doctor does a lot of workers compensation or personal injury stuff stay away. These guys are usually crooks. That is my opinion.

Ed Davis, DPM on 6/13/05 at 23:35 (176735)

Terri:
The State Board of Medicine must log all complaints whether they lead to litigation or not.
Ed