Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Onsite Custom made Orthotics

Posted by Ted on 6/06/05 at 20:36 (176219)

I went to a Certified Pedorthist today. He is the first to really examine my feet in detail in preparation for orthotics. I go for another appointment and all of it is basically the same cost I would have paid to go to a Ped and get a cast of my feet in one shot. He is really taking time in examining my feet and going to video tape them and examine them again to make sure he made the correct observation. He listened to all I had to say and answered all my questions. He explained things I knew and gave insight to things I never heard about my feet before. He basically said I don't have a severe pronation, but my arch is ridged and doesn't really flex which puts muscle pressure on the inside of my foot muscles (which I have in the past noticed). I still don't understand it completely, but if it helps I'm all for it. I'll have to see. I think this is the link in the chain of my healing that I have been needing along with taping, icing, massage, streatching, and strengthening. I'll update next week and pray it all goes well.

p.s. this is the site that I got my doctors name.

Re: Onsite Custom made Orthotics

Richard, C.Ped on 6/07/05 at 07:40 (176233)

that's what we do.... ;-)