Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Could wife be having a nueroma?

Posted by Buck T. on 6/07/05 at 09:46 (176239)

My wife has a constant pain from pressure on area between second and third toe. No burining or tingling. Pain goes from bottom of foot close to base of toes to top of foot. From what I've read nueromas mostly occur between third and fourth toes. Can nueromas appear in other areas and do symptoms suggest one?

Sincerely, Buck T.

Re: Could wife be having a nueroma?

Jim leonard on 6/07/05 at 15:34 (176247)

Wow I have had content pain in my foot during many many storm chases. Do you peole ever start up your cars and use your wallet and go to a clinic when you have these problems?? It seems like a good ideal don,t you think??? I think I can aswcer your problem here it sounds like you suffer from nerve sydrome

Ed Davis, DPM on 6/07/05 at 17:13 (176261)

Buck:
It is about 70:30 in my experience with 70% of neuromas between the bases of the third and 4th toes and 30% between the second and third toes.
MRI with contrast or sonography may pick up the neuroma. Your decription is closer to an inflammation of the 2nd MTP joint (capsulitis) than a true neuroma though.
Ed

Susan on 6/08/05 at 17:20 (176356)

Ed, what is the cause of chronic capsulitis?

Buck T. on 6/08/05 at 19:14 (176364)

Thanks, Dr. Ed. Appreciate the information. She's been complaining for months and I'm trying to make her go see someone.

Sincerely, Buck T.