Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Has ART made anyone worse?

Posted by Terri on 6/08/05 at 18:11 (176359)

Was thinking of having this but just a foot massage will make my pain worse. Sharp stabbing pain.

Re: Has ART made anyone worse?

AndreaR on 6/09/05 at 10:40 (176391)

I have had ART about 6 times. It does not make the pain worse, but it does hurt while the ART is being performed. But, as soon as the ART session is over, I found that I immediately had less pain. It is the only thing besides stretching that has helped me. Andrea

Pat W on 6/10/05 at 12:19 (176458)

I've had my second ART session two days ago. The first session was very mild on just one foot, and that seemed to go OK, so he did both feet and worked harder the second session. Unfortunately now, two days later, my feet are very sore and very tight. I stayed off them in the evening after the second session and was very easy on them yesterday, but still today I'm having a lot of pain walking or doing anything. I'm not feeling good about this. I have very sensitive feet. I can handle a foot massage, but I've been reinjured stretching and in physical therapy exercises. I think I'm going to cancel my appt for Monday and just see if they feel improved when they heel up from the last session. The idea of the treatment seems reasonable to me, but I think I need to be careful. Nothing else much has worked though.

HilaryG on 6/10/05 at 17:21 (176482)

Pat- I felt worse for the first few wks after my ART treatments... but it was a different kind of pain than the usual PF pain I had been having. But I stuck it ou and now I am so happy that i did because ART is the only thing that has helped me. I have to say it has not cured me. But as long as I go for regular treatments i have litte or no pain and can live a relatively normal life.

Pat W on 6/11/05 at 13:41 (176540)

Hilary - My feel still feel very tight and in pain today, Saturday. I cancelled my appt for Monday because I want to see how long it takes my feet to heel and what they feel like afterward. It is a different kind of pain than usual, but it's disconcerting that it's not better yet at all. Thanks for letting my know you felt worse for the first few weeks but stuck it out. I won't give up on it yet.