Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Walked an Hour Today

Posted by elvis on 6/12/05 at 00:04 (176573)

After a one hour walk today I had a very little bit of minor pain in the heel. The rest of my foot (ankle, metatarsals, side) hurt somewhat more than my foot. I iced my foot when I got home and tonight with my orthotics on it's almost like normal. Guess I can add in some slow jogging soon. I think I'll wait a week though.

Re: Walked an Hour Today

DavidW on 6/12/05 at 08:17 (176575)

Good to hear you are doing so well! Hope all keeps getting better.

Ralph on 6/12/05 at 11:35 (176585)

I hope your new orthotics continue to be helpful to you. Maybe the pain that you are feeling in the rest of your foot is due to a change or extra strain put on those area because your orthotics have changed or are attempting to correct the biomechanics of your feet.

On a serious note if you continue to have strain or continued pain in those areas I'd check back with the doctor.

elvis on 6/12/05 at 20:36 (176628)

Thanx Ralph.....I have a call into the doctor about that. I don;t think it is new pain because the rest of my foot was hurting before I got the orthotics. I did get a cortisone shot in the 4th and 5th metatarsal joints during my first visit to this guy when he taped me. The cortisone worked fine for the 4th and 5th metatarsal joints. The pian is now more in the middle part of the top of my foot and radiates to the base of the anlke in the middle and the lateral side. My hips also hurt slightly and that I would guess is from the orthotics. It's pretty much gone now. It hurts a little when I walk but less and less as time goes on.