Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel spur

Posted by janis g on 6/14/05 at 15:49 (176772)

i just had an x=ray on my foot which showed a heel spur, my family dr. has me on relafen, is that going to help at all? my foot is very painful.. she also said maybe cortisone shot would help. what is you're opinion on that?

Re: heel spur

Dr. Z on 6/14/05 at 17:46 (176777)

All of these treatment can be your solution to heel pain. A shot gun approach isn't the best way to proceed. Dr. Ed from this board has addressed what is called the triad treatment for heel pain. It is also my belief and approach that this is the way to approach heel pain that is caused by plantar fasciitis.

janis g on 6/14/05 at 18:38 (176782)

What is triad treatment anyway? I have tried heel cups and are no help at all.....

Dr. Z on 6/14/05 at 20:07 (176784)

This is a combination of stretching, biomechanical control, addressing andy damage tissue that may be inflamed or degenerative. Read the heel pain book it can be very helpfu.

Ralph on 6/14/05 at 21:06 (176788)

Dr. Zuckerman
Can you expand on treatment for degenerative tissue if that is the cause for a patients chronic case of P.F. Can actual degenerating tissue be repaired?