Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

DR Z. what is the treatment for plantar fasciosis ??

Posted by Isabella T. on 6/15/05 at 17:48 (176889)

does this condition require surgery?? or immobilization is recommended also??

Re: DR Z. what is the treatment for plantar fasciosis ??

mike on 6/15/05 at 17:51 (176890)

I heard plantar fasciosis could led to permanent damage and is very difficult to heal.

Dr. Z on 6/15/05 at 18:09 (176896)

IF you have plantar fasciosis this is where ESWT is very effective for repair the degenerative tissue that won't heal.

Ron on 6/15/05 at 21:25 (176908)

Plantar fasciosis is the degenerative phase of long term plantar fasciitis. The problem with my feet is not only do I have heel pain but also arch pain when wallking for long periods. Arch pain is not going to respond to ESWT. (I've had PF for over 7 years now, which means my problems are multifaceted)

If anyone has read my articles, as of late, they will find that I have had pretty good success with AIS (Active Isolated Stretching) in a stretching routine. It's aided my feet greatly. Does you think that this alone can cure my feet problems? According to the treatment triad it will not.
bbv.cgi?n=96070

Even if I did ESWT and that took care of my heel pain, it will do nothing for my arch pain. What will treat my arch pain? Can stretching alone accomplish this?

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/16/05 at 14:56 (176957)

Hi

There many different treatments depending upon the degree of degenerative. When this condition has become chronic and you have tried at least three failed conservative treatment then ESWT is an effective procedure to be used

CherylS on 6/16/05 at 15:04 (176958)

Dr. Z --- Other than that conservative treatments have failed, how would you diagnose degenerative tissue? (If conservative treatment has failed, it may mean that the biomechanics have not been correctly addressed) Does this show up in an Xray or MRI, and if so, what should the radiologist be looking for? Or does the heel feel a certain way? How can you distinguish fasciitis from fasciosis?

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/16/05 at 15:38 (176961)

MS ultrasound with history and physical examination

Robert B on 9/03/08 at 13:53 (249817)

what are the specific stretches for plantar fasciosis?