Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Judy S

Posted by Kathy G on 6/17/05 at 08:22 (176995)

Were you affected by the earthquakes? Four in one week seems like a lot to us in the East but everyone I know from California just kind of takes it in stride. I guess it just depends on what you're used to. Nevertheless, I hope that you and your family are all fine and not trembling in any way!

Re: Judy S

JudyS on 6/17/05 at 18:13 (177029)

Hi Kathy - Yes, we felt two of them. One on my birthday so I bragged that it was Mother Nature's birthday present to me!
You're right, we do tend to take it in stride. Having said that, the media today is fond of saying that four in a week 'could' signify the approach of The Big One. When I heard that my thought was that there was one more thing to worry about!

vince on 6/18/05 at 04:40 (177045)

I think that very soon Ca. will be our second island state.

Carole C in NOLA on 6/18/05 at 06:09 (177048)

Judy

I hope you had a Happy Birthday!!!! I didn't know your birthday was this week. (oops)

Glad you are taking the earthquakes more or less in stride.

Carole C

Suzanne D. on 6/18/05 at 07:16 (177049)

I thought of you as soon as I saw San Diego on a map accompanying a story about the earthquakes, Judy. I'm glad you all are alright and hope you had a good birthday! You and Carole and I share birthdays close together; mine was May 30.

Suzanne :)

Carole C in NOLA on 6/18/05 at 07:41 (177051)

Suzanne, a (very belated) happy birthday to you, too! I guess my birthday list disappeared when I changed to a new computer. Oops. lol

Carole

Kathy G on 6/18/05 at 10:25 (177056)

I'm glad your well, Judy. You're so right about it being just one more thing to worry about. I had a friend who moved to NH from Ohio. We were in the midst of a hurricane watch, which to me is no big deal and she was scared to death. I couldn't understand it.

She said, 'Well, if it was a sme4 watch, I'd be scared because I'm used to those but I've never seen a hurricane!'

Naturally, I'm scared to death of hurricanes! It's all what you're used to.

What a special birthday treat. I hope the rest of the day was a happy one. And a belated birthday wish to you, Suzanne. One day before my husband's birthday. I need to start a new list, too, Carole, although I was never as good as Suzanne at keeping track of everyone's birthday.

Suzanne D. on 6/19/05 at 07:05 (177066)

Thank you for the good wishes, Carole and Kathy! Now I remember reading another year that your husband's birthday is the day after mine, Kathy. Please extend my belated good wishes to him, too.

Tornadoes scare me as I've seen first-hand the damage they can cause. Hurricanes seem very frightful when viewing t.v. coverage, but they don't seem as 'real' to me.

Several years ago, someone predicted an earthquake in Kentucky on a certain date. There was quite a bit of media coverage, to the point that schools had 'earthquake preparedness plans' which included having bottled water, flashlights, etc. in a box in each classroom. Quite a few parents kept their children home from school on the predicted day. Nothing happened, and it was forgotten in time. But there was quite an uproar leading up to that date.

Suzanne :)