Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

shoes for supination?

Posted by jamesn on 6/22/05 at 21:38 (177229)

i walk on the outsides of my foot. i am 35 and i recently found out that the pediatrician prescribed orthopedic shoes for me when i was 2 years old. i have chronic tightness in my lower legs and it leads to bouts of plantar and tiny muscle spasms in the bottoms of my feet and calves. i am getting ready to take on a sales job where i will have to be on my feet all day. what should i do? i use over the counter arch supports that help some but i am worried i will not be able to do my job everyday. are there and shoes to help with this? i roll them all to the outside in just a few months.

Re: shoes for supination?

jamesn on 6/22/05 at 21:40 (177230)

oh, and i also suffer from bouts of achilles tendonitis. it takes days and days to get my achilles stretched out enough to walk comfortably once it sets in. the bouts are taking longer and longer to recover from.

Re: shoes for supination?

Kathy G on 6/25/05 at 18:42 (177317)

Have you been to a C.Ped or Podiatrist? I would think that some custom orthotics would be the answer. Have you ever tried doing some of the exercises that Scott recommends in the Heel Pain Book? And if you click on Foot Yoga, you'll find some marvelous exercises which many of us do at least once daily. They were posted by Julie, who is a master of Yoga.

Good luck on the job!