Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

nerve damage from neuroma surgery

Posted by Daisy M. on 6/22/05 at 22:45 (177233)

I had a mortons neuroma surgery done on my right foot a few years ago. since the surgery I have little movement in my toes and my foot and second toe gets electric shock sensations that feel like they go through the whole foot. It has gotten worse lately. I have to wear something around my toes to ease the nerves some, but lately that has not even been helping. My whole foot aches a lot. I have been putting ice packs on my foot when I lay down. I wear a partial sandal to bed at night to help ease the nerves. Lately my foot has been getting burning sensations also.

I have been to foot doctors many times and all they want to do is make me another orthotic that does not work.

I also have arthritis in my feet and heel spurs. I also have fibromyalgia. My left foot hurts a lot also, but with the botched surgery on my right foot, that foot hurts the most. I have taken aspirin, ibuprophen, alieve, nothing seems to help. Lots of times I can hardly walk at all and if I sit a while it is very hard to get up and walk. PLEASE, I am hurting so bad and looking for any suggestions, short of another surgery. THANKS.

Re: nerve damage from neuroma surgery

Daisy M. on 6/22/05 at 22:50 (177234)

I forgot to add that the foot doctor gave me a shot of cortisone in the scar from the surgery one time thinking that might help with the movement. ( this was not the doctor that did the surgery) My foot got to bleeding so bad he had a hard time getting the bleeding to stop. The shot did not help at all and made my foot hurt worse even.

Re: nerve damage from neuroma surgery

Daisy M. on 6/22/05 at 22:53 (177235)

My ankles are also very sore and also very puffed. The tops of my feet ache a lot, the same ache I had before the surgery only worse. sorry, but I kept forgetting to post all that was going on. :-]