Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Shoes that work!

Posted by Alicia S on 6/23/05 at 19:43 (177262)

I just purchased Z-Coil shoes. I have been suffering from toe pain (both feet) and heel pain for almost one year. I only go places where I can use a wheelchair or cart. On the handicap line to enter the San Diego County Fair, in front of me was an overweight woman, with a cane, wearing these strange looking shoes. I asked her what she thought about the shoes. 'I wouldn't be walking without them'. She went on describing her problems. Z-coils had a booth at the fair so I tried on a pair; walked about 15 minutes with no pain (I forgot what that was like) and I bought a pair. Then I walked about 1/4 mile! And today, I have been walking around with no pain. I'm told the problems with my feet still have to be corrected, but the shoes allow me pain-free walking. I believe that now, the remedies I've used in the past, might actually improve my feet because now the pain is gone while I walk. Their web-site is http://www.healthfoot.net . Check out the site and the testimonials and the shoe test. I am truly amazed. If you buy a pair, let them know you found out about Z-coil from me, Alicia Sacks. I want them to know how excited I am about them.

Re: Shoes that work!

Kay on 6/24/05 at 10:13 (177275)

What's the price range per pair? So glad to hear you finally found something that worked for you!

Liboralis on 6/27/05 at 06:49 (177355)

When you bought them at a carnival did they give you a coupon to see the wolfboy ? I heard you can also get heelbillies at the carnival

Tim M. on 7/10/05 at 12:47 (178130)

I've worn Z-Coils for about two years, and they work very well for me. I've had PF for over 25 years and have gone through the whole route of orthotics, injections, ice packs, night splints, etc. I've done everything except surgery.

Liboralis, what is your experience with them? If you have had some poor experience with the company, I'd really like a heads-up on it.

Liboralis on 7/23/05 at 06:44 (178908)

They are a chunk of foam like you would find in an old mattress. Some people come on here, with a different name never before seen. They have a similar tale of the owmders of hillbilly foam, then they always have a handy link for ordering. I think the person that does it should rent a cart at the flea market and not keep spamming the board for a chunk of foam

gary on 11/05/05 at 16:34 (186793)

I actually own the store where alicia purchased Zcoil footwear. I've been wearing zcoils for the past 6 years as an ER nurse. Zcoils are a revolutionary product that are actually helping thousands of people with foot, leg and back pain. We have many nurses that swear by the shoe. We are now seen customers after knee and hip surgery recieving positive results. We are seeing more podiatrists recommending the footwear. The company has actually been around for 10 years, so this is no gimmick. The corporate website is http://www.zcoil.com

Tim M on 11/08/05 at 14:28 (186968)

Liboralis, please excuse me for not getting back to you sooner.

I had noticed that for a while Scott was filtering out the Z-Coil name from the messages here. I understand this was because someone was abusing the site with messages that were sales pitches. Could this be the person you were talking about?

I think I know who you mean, and I want to say that this guy, while he may be a Z-Coil proponent, doesn't know a lot about the shoes. A new wearer of Z-Coils needs to get fitted at a Z-Coil store, not get them online. Z-Coils are not the answer to everyone's foot problems, especially young people whose feet are still growing or older people who may have additional physical problems.

These shoes are much more than a piece of foam. My own podiatrist recommends them because of the built-in orthotic and the trademark spring which cushions and protects the heel from the damaging impact of walking or running. The extra cushioning you are talking about at the forefoot is just icing on the cake.

I invite you to visit a Z-Coil store and try a pair if you are not having full success with your present treatment strategies. I am back to walking around 5 miles a day, hiking and backpacking because of these shoes.

Once again, I apologize for not getting back sooner to your post of 7/23/05 and I thank gary for his post of 11/05/05 which alerted me to your response.