Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Message for Kathy, see below

Posted by Leopold on 6/24/05 at 23:40 (177296)

Kathy, I didn't want you to miss my message to you!

Leopold

Re: Message for Kathy, see below

Kathy G on 6/25/05 at 18:39 (177316)

Hi Leopold,

Wow, you're doing really well! I'm so pleased to hear it. Actually, I've never been told that walking would help with my neck pain but I certainly think that any physical exercise would help muscle tension. Actually, before the OA in my neck got so bad, I found it very interesting that I would go to the chiropractor and it was my lower back that was out of line. And if he worked on my neck, he always worked on my lower back. Of course, when you think about, it's one long spine and it's all connected.

In my case, I've been to three doctors and none of them recommended any kind of surgery for my feet because it's 'atypical' PF. I think that's a nice way of saying they don't really know what's wrong with me! I have made some progress though and I'm quite pleased about it. When I overdo it, it takes me much less time to bounce back.

Leopold on 6/25/05 at 20:38 (177319)

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for the comments. I would say your foot is getting better if you need less time to recover from foot pain. That is the first thing I noticed after my PF surgery!

I have been getting chiropractic adjustments now for 12 years and I have to say I probably be in alot worst shape then I'm in if it wasn't for chiropractic. I do wonder though if twisting the neck for an adjustment could make the arthritis worst. It seems that jerking the neck all of a sudden like you get with chiropractic would be a sort of injury. I read on the Internet of people having arteries torn in their neck from adjustments. I wonder if this is true? It is scary and I was wondering if you know anything about it.

Thanks,

Leopold

sam H on 6/26/05 at 16:46 (177339)

HAVE YOU EVER TRIED A CHI MACHINE FROM SUN HARMONY?IT COST IS $480.00 PLUS TAX.

Kathy G on 6/27/05 at 08:24 (177359)

Leopold,

My chiro has long suspected I had some OA in my neck although he was surprised at the extent of it. He has always been very gentle. I have never been to a Chiro who wasn't. My preference is an Osteopath but nowadays, here in NE, it's hard to find one who does adjustments. Most of them are PCP's.

Since seeing the xrays, my chiro no longer works on my neck at all. In many ways, I'd be just as well off going to a masseuse but I tried one of them when I went for PT and I didn't find them to be all that effective. I'm sure that every masseuse has different tecniques and I could find one that work for me, but they are so expensive.

I'm going to see if my insurance plan would pay for it if it's recommended by a doctor, but I doubt it.

KW on 6/27/05 at 15:33 (177372)

Kathy, Have you ever tried 'network chiropractics'? I had GREAT luck with it when I was having some neck difficulties. It's very gentle, but VERY powerful.

Kathy G on 6/28/05 at 08:54 (177409)

No, KW, what is network chiropractics?' Sounds interesting.

KW on 6/28/05 at 13:55 (177429)

I hope I can do it a little bit of justice with my explanation, but it's a very gentle way of tapping into the body's 'network' (the entire system). They use a technique that I had never felt before (and I've had a lot of body work done) that involves almost NO pressure to open up pathways and energy flow throughout the body. I can't tell you how different I felt leaving the office due to how deep the change felt. What I love about it is, there is NO force and your body is allowed to realign to itself. One thing that kind of shocked me from the start is that you are in a large room with others who are getting the treatment and you are all 'healing' and feeling eachothers healing powers - pretty cool! Check out the link below for a better description. Do you happen to be in the Bay Area, CA? I know a great guy here.

http://www.community-chiropractic.com/htm/therapies/network-chiro.htm

belen m. on 6/28/05 at 19:29 (177450)

network chiropractics is great- i've had it for other things- overall well being actually - I moved recently though, far from my network chiro practitioner, and have not found one here in the Naples Florida area - wish I could. I'm thinking of perhaps acupuncture for the heel spur.

Leopold on 6/28/05 at 23:45 (177459)

KW, I live in the Bay Area, Ca. and would like to know who the great guy is for this.

Thanks,

Leopold

KW on 6/29/05 at 19:49 (177531)

Leopold, He is in Woodside near Palo Alto. His name is Dr. Guy Doran. I will have to find his card to get you his number. He has been very helpful to people and I had great success helping my neck. What part of the Bay are you in?

Leopold on 7/01/05 at 02:32 (177627)

KW, Thanks for the reply. I live in the San Jose, ca. area.

Leopold