Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Spur foot surgery

Posted by Judy L on 6/28/05 at 07:50 (177406)

My doctor suggested a surgery to remove the pain from my heel spur by cutting 2 ligaments rather than going in and removing the spur itself.
How successful is this and will it leave any permanent effects to my foot?
That is, limping or lowering of arch. Your response is appreciated. Also, can something like EZorb (calcium supplement)do the same thing? This condition is very depressing especially when it interfers with your daily life not being what it use to be. Thank you.

Re: Heel Spur foot surgery

Orfie on 6/28/05 at 11:35 (177420)

I had PF surgery two months ago, he cut the ligament to give it length. He does not recommend removeing the spur, because bones grows back. I am feeling a lot better. I do not have the heel spur pain anymore. I do have some tightness in the ankle and toes. I have to continue icing and stretching. My arch is normal, it didn't drop, I have to wear the inserts. I do have a slight limp and it will go away with the excercising my foot. Recovery time could be three months to a year. Good luck.

Re: Heel Spur foot surgery

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/28/05 at 12:58 (177426)

How long have had the heel pain. What treatments have you had so far ?