Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PRESCRIBED MEDICINE

Posted by ARCADIADAWN on 6/29/05 at 07:02 (177466)

I HAVE READ OVER THIS WEB SITE AFTER MY DOCTOR TOLD ME I HAD PLANTAR FASCIITIS. I SEEN THE USE OF INJECTED CORTICOSTEROIDS WERE USED TO TREAT THIS BUT MY DOCTOR PRESCRIBED TO ME AN ORAL ONE CALLED METHYLPRED 4MG PAK. I HAVE STARTED TAKING IT THIS MORNING. DO YOU THINK IT WILL BENIFIT ME ANY? THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

Re: PRESCRIBED MEDICINE

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/29/05 at 08:15 (177472)

Hi
I also use this medication in severe acute cases of plantar fasciitis.

Kay on 6/29/05 at 11:00 (177493)

Dr. Zuckerman - my doctor prescribed me a 5 day pack of oral steroids. Will this work after 4 months of PF or is it better when used at the beginning. Just wondering if it's worth giving my body steroids at this stage of PF. Thanks!

Dr. Z on 6/29/05 at 16:37 (177523)

This will depend on if there is a fasciitis or fasciosis. It could help you . I would need to determine by examination if there is inflamation present

elvis on 6/29/05 at 16:52 (177525)

For what it's worth I tried a Medrol Dosepak in March 2004 for pf that started in December 2003. It didn't provide any relief although it was certainly worth a try.

Patti D on 10/28/05 at 20:28 (186069)

My doctor prescribed a medrol dosepak for my feet - he said I had plantar fasciitis. I was also given naprosyn to take & also heel inserts like the ones I just saw on this site. He ex-rayed my feet which are very painful, especially on the heels and they feel swollen but do not look swollen. I was given exercises to do. I can hardly walk. Today is day #1 of my medication. How soon will I feel some relief?
Thanks so much......Patti D