Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

question for april

Posted by jeannie m on 6/29/05 at 12:58 (177508)

April, i wondered if your symptoms before your surgery were heel spur symptoms or pain in the arch and a ache in the whole foot like mine. I wonder if people with heelspurs respond better to surgery than those with the tight fascia symptoms. Thank You.

Re: question for april

april l on 6/29/05 at 14:21 (177514)

I had all the classic PF symptoms...pain in my heel so bad that I walked on the outer edge of my foot for years without even realizing it. Also, severe first step pain. Had to limp around for awhile each morning and also if I was on my feet for any amount of time and sat down to rest, when I got back up my feet hurt really bad. I'm not sure what tight fascia symptoms are if you mean they are different than heel spur symptoms. I always thought the spur formed as a result of tearing away of the fascia because of tightness. If you are asking if my arch hurt, I don't think it was my arch that hurt but the part where the fascia connects to the heel hurt really bad. The pain was not all over my whole foot but around the heel area.

Re: Re:April

jeannie m on 6/29/05 at 20:15 (177537)

Thank you for answering April. You have helped me before. Yes the pain is where the fascia connects but everything aches. I have it in both feet . I got epf surgery 5 weeks ago on my right foot and I am in therapy now. I find a lot of my pain is from the soft orthodics my Doctor is insisting I wear.It is hard to imagine light at the end of the tunnel and reading your success helps. I wondered also if you have high arches ? Thanks again for responding.

Re: Re:April

april l on 6/29/05 at 22:33 (177543)

After my surgeries I had pain everywhere in my foot. It takes time to recover...6 months to a year my doctor says. I did stretching every day. I also did physical therapy and had my hubby massaging my foot daily. I don't know if I would say my arches were high, but definitely not flat footed. Just remember it takes time to heal and to become pain free.

Re: april

jeannie m on 6/30/05 at 10:40 (177562)

April, It will be your words that help me through the days of feeling hopeless. My Doctor says everything looks good and there is no scar tissue and I am where i should be.Like you said he says it can take up to a year to know if it worked. If ever do get better i will do the other foot, Thanks again!!!

Re: april

scott (sak) on 6/30/05 at 23:18 (177615)

My pf pain was at connection to heel and have high arch. After two years the surgery was set and then a few weeks before the date my pf started to go away. Granted I quit my construction JOB and am now a Realtor and that has a big part. I rested quite a bit and am now less active but I still work out and ride stationary bike for cardio...I'm hoping someday I will put on the running shoes again...positive thinking everyone. It did hurt lying in bed so it was bad...I remember a month of mostly bed rest this year and I am 40 in great shape if anyone was wondering...from THE OC