Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

torn plantar faciatis

Posted by MarianR on 6/29/05 at 19:55 (177534)

After having two MRI's I was told I have a torn plantar faciatis. Have been in a cast for 2 , almost three months and now doing therapy three times a week. Does anyone have suggestions for when this pain will disappear? To the doctors, what treatment seems correct for a TORN plantar faciatis.
Thanks for your reply.

Mar

Re: torn plantar faciatis

paul c on 6/30/05 at 09:28 (177554)

I've had heel pain for 18 months and have seen 4 doctors. One administered me shock wave therapy and charged me $1000 that my insurance didn't pay. The shot he gave me for anesthetic was horribly painful. He told me if the first treatment didn't work I could have it again. NO THANKS. It was too painful (anesthetic). I have a friend in Arizona who had ESWT with no anesthetic administered with (according to her) amazing results. I'm in Alabama. Could you direct me to a Dr. that can do the same for me.
PS I've tried night splints, day casts, stretching exercises, shots. ESWT prompts the plantar to heal. I don't care if insurance doesn't pay I just want some relief. On a scale of 1-10 my pain is 4 but I'm afraid it will get worse if left without treatment.