Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pain not only in heels

Posted by richardh on 6/30/05 at 14:00 (177575)

I understand that my pain might be plantar fasciitis, but I receive most of my pain in my arches. On the lateral side of my arches, to be specific. Then again I feel that the pain moves around, it is never in the same spot. It is painful to even massage. I am concerned because I don't even work that much on my feet. Does plantar fasciitis, bone spurs, cause throbbing as well? I cannot sleep some nights because they throb so bad, once my Ib profin wears off...could it be anything else?

Re: pain not only in heels

Ron on 6/30/05 at 17:04 (177589)

Only a podiatrist could tell you for sure in an office setting. Throbbing could be an indication of PF, but because the pain happens all night long then it sounds like Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome (TTS).

Please see a Pod to make sure what you have.

Re: pain not only in heels

Hoopa on 7/03/05 at 22:49 (177773)

I was wondering the same thing. After exercise and when I am off my feet, I get a pulling sensation in the arches. Last night, I felt the pulling sensation in the middle of both feet. I tried to stretch my feet and did it the wrong way. The tightness extended from the arches of my foot, all the way up my legs, setting my legs into a painful 'Charlie Horse' cramp. I stretched my feet in the opposite way and was able to relieve those leg cramps.

The pain in my heel is now happening at various times during the day and night. The heel pain is especially bad after exercise (even just walking) or in the morning after I wake up.

There is a physical therapist in the school where I work. She told me to try to walk as normally as possible without limping. Favoring one foot over the other could cause problems in the opposite leg.