Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel pain and weather

Posted by Cecilia on 7/01/05 at 21:47 (177708)

Is it possible for heel pain to get worse with change in weather? My PF has been ok lately...but all of a sudden it got bad last night. Someone at work mentioned it might be the hot and humid weather all of a sudden. I'm not sure. I've heard that it could effect arthritis. Thanks in advance!

Re: Heel pain and weather

Kathy G on 7/02/05 at 08:25 (177721)

Cecilia,

I think we've had this discussion a few times over the years I've been coming to this Board and the reaction to weather seems to be as individual as the symptoms of PF. It affects some people but not others.

As for the weather affecting OA, I'd have to say that the heat and humidity makes mine worse but I wonder if it's because I hate the heat and humidity. Maybe it just wears me down so I'm more aware of the pain.

Interesting question. At any rate, I hope you feel better soon! :)

Linda V on 7/02/05 at 19:17 (177734)

I agree its probably an individual matter. Moving to Florida...(talk about heat and humidity!) didn't seem to play an adverse effect on my feet. This makes me really happy, since I particularly was leery of all the tile floors down here. Instead, I found it difficult to 'warm them up' and loosen my muscles in the sub-zero temps of New Hampshire. But, right now, I'd love to be back in NH....I'm sure I won't feel the same way in February.

Kathy G on 7/05/05 at 08:37 (177842)

Linda,

I thought of you often last week. They said that we were experiencing weather here in NH that was exactly like the summer weather in Florida. It hit nearly 100 one day and the humidity was just stifling. I hate it!

I'm glad the tile floor didn't bother you. I found when I switched to tile it didn't bother me but that was just in my kitchen and the bathroom. The rest of the house is very heavily padded carpteting. I do spend most of my time in the kitchen, though, and it didn't bother me at all.

NickP. on 7/06/05 at 15:29 (177933)

I discovers a natural supplement called XANGO which is made from the mangosteen fruit. I have Inflamation in my heals (plantar facitiss) and had trouble everyday getting out of bed to walk. I was taking vioxx everyday and even had a couple of cortizone shots and even then, I still had days with pain. I started taking XANGO and within 10 days, I was and still am pain free. I believe in the product so much, I am a distributor. Check out my website http://www.np.natureswellnesssecret.com or email my at (email removed) with any questions. I know first hand what type of pain everyone is dealing with. Wouldn't you want a natural alternative to offset the pain? I do and am taking that approach right now.

Lori S. on 7/10/05 at 23:31 (178156)

When I had PF....before the eswt... Everytime a front came through I knew it in my feet. I DO believe the weather has alot to do with it. It was so bad at times, I would just cry and cry.... I do hope you find relief!
best wishes,
Lorinda