Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Steve G.

Posted by Rachael T. on 7/01/05 at 22:04 (177710)

Hi Steve - wondering if you & I are still on the same healing path....? Tried to connect w/ you a while back on here - but missed you apparently. Fill me in on your foot health & progress. I am really very good - & happily so. I don't take my feet for granted though - but I go to the gym 3 X weekly, ride my horse 3 times weekly; & do ALOT compared to 4 yrs ago. I maintain wearing Birks & Brooks Ariels w/ my custom orthotics. When you reply, I will share more. Hope you are improved too!

Re: Steve G.

SteveG on 7/02/05 at 12:46 (177723)

Rachael - I am doing about the same. I am about 80% improved from 3 years ago. I still have a bit of trouble if I stand talking to someone for very long, although nothing like it used to be. My wife and I take our dog for a 45 minute walk in the evening. Walking is really not much trouble these days. Although, interestingly, when I walk for long my feet will feel hot, and when I take my shoes off they are red and warm to the touch. This does not last long, however. My feet feel more 'normal' in that they are a lot more flexible and supple(sp?). They used to feel pretty stiff, and it was not easy for me to bend my toes forward. Like you say, I am still quite cautious. I never go barefoot, wear my berks in the house. I always wear orthodics when I leave the house.

I think you and I should be an example to others on the board - keep trying different treatments and recognize that it can take A LONG TIME to improve. When I read some of the posts about surgery, I am glad that I did not go that route, though, at one point, I thought that might be my last option. My original doctor told me the condition can take quite a while to improve - that is the understatement of the year.

I am glad to hear you are doing well these days!

Re: Steve G.

Rachael T. on 7/03/05 at 19:08 (177763)

Great to hear you too are on the mend! Yes, we should be poster ads for this site - in that we tried alot alot alot of remedies & treatments & orthotics. 4 yrs. ago - I would have never done the things that I do now, (& w/o pain!) Hoorah! I am glad you are good too - keep working at it as I dooooo think that is the best remedy!