Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Slowly getting better...

Posted by DavidW on 7/02/05 at 19:50 (177735)

For three years I have been telling doctors that all I want to do is take my daughter to the park and play without being in pain. Well today I did just that. It was only 45 minutes of playing, but almost totally pain free. As some of you may remember, I started going to a LMT (licensed massage therapist) 5 weeks ago. I have had 9, 1 hour long sessions so far, and I must say that I am continuing to improve. Today, I also walked my daughter around the block on her little tricycle (she is 3-1/2). I have not been this free since before she was born. I will continue my visits to the LMT and my twice daily foot yoga excercises (Julies').

Re: Slowly getting better...

Linda V on 7/02/05 at 22:19 (177746)

What a wonderful post! You must be so happy to spend quality time with your little one. Keep smiling, and keep on doing whatever is working for you. It seems like only moments ago my daughters were that age...now they are 29 and 31! Treasure evey moment you have with them, and I hope your recovery continues. I agree Julies Foot Yoga helps a lot.

DavidW on 7/03/05 at 13:14 (177755)

I had my first painfree trip to Chuckie Cheese's (kids indoor park) with my daughter today. I even stopped off at the supermarket to pick up a few things. No pain, but I am going to relax for a while as I am afraid to overdo it. I have my 10th session with the LMT this coming Tuesday. It is so strange to not be in pain after so long.

KW on 7/03/05 at 13:22 (177757)

Congratulations David! This is great to read and I'm sending you continued healing vibes for a full recovery! Small miracles do happen!

Monte on 7/05/05 at 13:17 (177870)

Dave....great for you....I have 5 year old twins and looking forwad to that day too.

Dave...did we speak on the phone a while back?

Please email me at (email removed) if you get a chance

Thanks
Monte

NickP. on 7/06/05 at 15:28 (177932)

Dave, I discovers a natural supplement called XANGO which is made from the mangosteen fruit. I have Inflamation in my heals (plantar facitiss) and had trouble everyday getting out of bed to walk. I was taking vioxx everyday and even had a couple of cortizone shots and even then, I still had days with pain. I started taking XANGO and within 10 days, I was and still am pain free. I believe in the product so much, I am a distributor. Check out my website http://www.np.natureswellnesssecret.com or email my at (email removed) with any questions. I know first hand what type of pain everyone is dealing with. Wouldn't you want a natural alternative to offset the pain? I do and am taking that approach right now.

Suzanne D. on 7/06/05 at 16:33 (177950)

Congratulations on your improvement, David! That was a nice picture to ponder - your playing in the park with your daughter and taking her around the block with her tricycle.

I teach first graders, and I see so many who never have a parent play with them or take the time to take them around the block on a bike, etc. I applaud your parenting efforts - even while dealing with pain. Believe me: it will pay off in the future.

Take care,
Suzanne :)