Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

scar knots after surgery

Posted by carranzr on 7/03/05 at 10:54 (177751)

Please help! Four months ago I had a bunionectomy, bone spur removed in large toe, and hammertoe straightening of all five toes. Now I am unable to bend my large toe down, I have large knots along the incision on the top of my toe as well as under my little toe, around the second toe, and a deep knot on the ball of my foot. I've had physical therapy to try to reduce they knots. They are painful to the touch and to walk. Nothing has reduced them. My podiatrist says, 'oh my, you do scar up alot.'

Is there anything I can do to get rid of these knots. I feel that I am now worse off than before the surgery. I used to be an avid dancer. I can not longer fit into any of my shoes. I hope you can give me some direction.

Thank you,

carranzr

Re: scar knots after surgery

Dr. Z on 7/03/05 at 11:19 (177753)

Hi
Tough to answer without seeing your foot. The reason for the lack of plantarflexed or bending could be that you have joint damage, lack of sesmoid movement or this you need additional physical therapy to increase the range of motion in the downward direction. May need to get a second opinion.