Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Fascia Complete Ruoture

Posted by Glenn on 7/05/05 at 07:12 (177832)

What should I do?
Get arch support, operate or other????

Re: Plantar Fascia Complete Ruoture

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/05/05 at 14:48 (177873)

Cast, Rest, Non weightbearing. A complete rupture if not treated quickly and properly will lead to many permenent changes in the foot down the road. Get a second opinion if needed

Glenn on 7/05/05 at 15:39 (177874)

I thought there would be problems.The rupture is a week old today. I will seek another opinion.
Thankyou for the info.

Glenn

Dr. Z on 7/05/05 at 16:56 (177882)

Read the article on ruptures from local steriod injections on this site. It talks about ruptures and how they were treated and what happened. They
aren't so simple. Go to the journal section it is under plantar fascia ruptures and local injections of steriods

Kerri on 7/06/05 at 14:27 (177927)

I read this article and I'm not feeling 'encouraged'...my doctor says the next step for treatment of my ruptured fascia will be injections! I cannot believe I hurt myself so badly. Seems like there's nothing like time and rest and orthotics to heal my heel??

Ralph on 7/06/05 at 15:27 (177931)

Dr.Z,
If steroids can lead to ruptures, why do you think Kerri's doctor is suggesting injections again. Do you think he be using steroids or something else? From her post, I think she really needs more information and maybe some questions to ask her doctor.

Kerri on 7/07/05 at 09:08 (177999)

Thanks for watching my back!!!

Dr. Z on 7/10/05 at 20:32 (178149)

Ralph,
I agree the use of local steriod with a rupture of the pf is a bad treatment idea for this poster