Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

The Pulling Sensation

Posted by Hoopa on 7/13/05 at 22:08 (178349)

Approximately a week and a half ago I was diagnosed with a heel spur in my left heel. When I went to the doctor, I told him that my symptoms were pain when putting my foot on the floor in the morning after waking and after sitting for any amount of time. I also told him that I was feeling a pulling sensation that went down the centerand under side of my foot (right below the middle toes and into the heel). The doctor said that I had a heel spur with bursitis. He also explained to me that these can irritate the plantar ligament. He gave me a shot of cortisone and Naprosyn (sorry about the spelling on the meds). The cortisone and the meds have relieved the pain that I feel when trying to put my foot on the floor but the pulling sensation has remained the same with no improvement. I have been doing some stretching exercises but this is no help. Can anyone give advice?

Re: The Pulling Sensation

KimberlyinNC on 7/14/05 at 18:39 (178434)

Hi- I also experience some pulling sensation. I believe it is somewhat normal from all I have read. The exercises, stretching, helps me when that is bothersome. Rolling my foot on a iced waterbottle is helpful in relieving some of the pain and it stretches the tendions. I have also been told by my MD to pull my toes towards my body slowly, stretching the bottom of foot and it helps. Hope your heel pain will continue to feel better with the injection, though the injection hurts like a son of a gun! I have a friend who told me it almost made him cry and he is a grown man. I said, well... after having 2 children, an injection is a piece of cake, but they do hurt... good luck!

Re: The Pulling Sensation

Joe A on 7/29/05 at 11:39 (179394)

Hoopa.

I also had a strong pulling sensation. For the immediate pain, I found that rolling on a ball or bottle really helped. (Like the previous poster.)

For me... I found that wearing a night splint really helped with elimating the pulling sensation longer term. It took a while though.