Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

tts

Posted by caroline on 7/18/05 at 08:17 (178561)

Hi I have had bad feet for nearly two years, I have seen several medical people and am waiting for an MRI scan which will not be done while Jan 06 in England we have to wait nearly a year for scans, the suggested diagnosis is tts but I have terrible pain in both my knees and lower back which cannot be treated until my feet have been seen to. has anybody any suggestions on this. I have not been able to work for nearly two years and have been registered Disabled. Many Thanks. Caroline

Re: tts

John H on 7/18/05 at 12:09 (178571)

Is it common to have to wait nearly a year for a scan in England?

What it you had a mini fracture in the foot that could not be picked up on an x-ray. Waiting a year for a scan could have some bad consequences? Do you have the option of paying for a scan yourself?

caroline on 7/18/05 at 14:48 (178575)

Hi John,In England our medical services are much slower due to shortages of medical staff and also finances. Yes I could go private but the MRIscan that I need would cost me a few thousand pounds that I have already been told.In England we pay National Insurance money every week to cover medical health but the downfall is the medical is slow. Just before last christmas I paid £120 to see a Rheumatoligist to be told he could not help me and that I needed to see an orthopedic surgeon, being a single parent my own g.p is not keen for me to be spending much needed money. Many Thanks Caroline

Karen b on 7/19/05 at 09:40 (178625)

Hi, Caroline, I understand what you are going through. I am also a single parent and know that you don't have the money to spend on expensive tests. I had tts surgery on one foot, which didn't help at all.
I went to a rheumatologist also, but he gave me a clean bill of health. Postive ANA are common, but doesn't mean that you have lupus, etc. Have you tried orthodics. They have helped me the most. Also do you take Neurontin? That is the second thing that has helped me. I am still looking, though; I have some relief but still hurt a lot. when I first started having foot pain, I got very depressed, but I sort of have accepted it, which takes time. May God bless you. I hope you can get some help.

caroline on 7/20/05 at 01:19 (178693)

Hi Karen. I have had physio, taping,3 cortisone injections and orthodics, I cannot take strong painkillers they make me very sick. My pain is in both feet, both knees, lower back and neck. I have just had accupunture on my neck and shoulders but it is not going to work, my physio thinks it is my muscles, I will have to wait for the MRI scan to hopefully reveal all. In England medical is very slow. Thanks Caroline.

Kris on 7/25/05 at 03:25 (179017)

Well I had a talus fracture that was not picked up on x-ray and an MRI was never ordered. NOw I have a bad osteochondral defect. That's why I won't have tts surgery - pretty sure my nerve was damaged in the fall, and with the osteochondral defect the doc said my prognosis was very bad anyway.

Kris on 7/25/05 at 03:26 (179018)

It took me close to 2 years to get a MRI in the states - with insurance. IT cost me out the yin yang too - WITH insurance.