Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Toe Inflammation, Sponge-like

Posted by Renoir on 7/18/05 at 10:33 (178566)

I am extremely concerned about several growths that continue to occur on my right toe. About 1 1/2 months ago, I noticed a tiny bump right below my right pinky toe, on the underside of the toe. There was also a bump on the tip of my pinky toe. I thought nothing of these and assumed they would go away. They were flesh-colored with no strange colors or markings; they looked like what I would later assume to be a wart. About a month later, these bumps about the size of a dip'n'dots ice cream bead had not disappeared, so I used an over-the-counter 40% salicylic acid sticker on the bump below my pinky toe. They skin was 'eaten' away by the medicine a few days later, but another growth appeared in the same place a few more days later. Afterwards, another bump occurred above this 'wart' and then later on, my entire pinky toe is covered in these bumps but is more swollen and if looked at closely, the toe looks like it has tiny, sponge-like holes inside. The bumps spread to my fourth toe, and now this toe is slightly swollen and has the same sponge-like dots. It hurts to walk sometimes and the bumps/growths are slightly tender and sore. I have absolutely no idea what is wrong with my foot, and I believe there is a combination of these symptoms along with Athlete's Foot that I have had on and off after treating them with success and failure for the past 5-6 months. I need to have some sort of idea what I must do! Please help, I am extremely worried!

Re: Toe Inflammation, Sponge-like

Ralph on 7/18/05 at 11:05 (178568)

God wouldn't you want a doctor to take a look at this? How are you going to get a successful diagnosis over the internet without anyone actually seeing your condition first hand? I'd see a local doctor and get this cleared up.