Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Curiosity Off the wall subject

Posted by Ralph on 7/19/05 at 10:40 (178632)

I understand through family friends that Tarot Cards have become popular with young people. Anyone else heard this? Do they believe in this or is it just a fad. You know Harry Potter stuff although I don't think Harry Potter books contained anything about Tarot Cards.

Re: Curiosity Off the wall subject

Tina H on 7/19/05 at 11:28 (178643)

I haven't seen tarot cards being popular here (mother of teenagers speaking) but they are really popular in Europe, but it's more of a game. Whole families play some type of game much like we play other card games. Always wanted to learn.

john h on 7/19/05 at 15:41 (178671)

He Tina I still like the Wiji Board.

Tina H on 7/19/05 at 19:13 (178680)

Now the Wiji board is spooky :/

Carole C in NOLA on 7/20/05 at 11:08 (178708)

I think Tarot cards are just fun for kids these days. I've often thought that I'd like to learn about them.

I'd regard Tarot about like reading the horoscope in the Sunday paper.... fun, but not really a belief, for most people. Then there are others that take astrology (or Tarot) more seriously. I'm not one of them, though I love wondering about such things.

As far as astrology goes, sometimes I feel like SUCH a gemini. Probably there is a little of each astrological sign in everyone. I really don't take such things very seriously. If I got a Tarot deck, I wouldn't take that very seriously either but it might be a whole lot of fun.

Carole C

Kathy G on 7/25/05 at 09:10 (179031)

My sister used to use Tarot cards but that was years ago. I don't know anything about them but I think that she was too influenced by them. If they're taken it the right way, they could be fun, I think.

As for any astrology or fortune telling, I'm as cynical as can be!

Once I had my handwriting analyzed by a professional who was called in by the NH crime division to work on cases. She was the mother of the best friend of a guy I was dating. I was only twenty at the time but she was so accurate, it was amazing. She had me bring in two samples of handwriting from earlier; I think she even wanted one that went back for a year if I had it and then I wrote something for her in person. She made my boyfriend leave the room while she talked to me and she was amazing. I accused him of telling her things about me beforehand but he swore he didn't. Actually, he didn't even know some of the things she said. I had forgotten all about it until just now. She told me that if I didn't change my personality that I would end up with painful back and muscle problems as an adult. You know, the usual bit about how I couldn't take care of everyone and I had to stop internalizing my emotions, blah, blah, blah. I just remembered that. She obviously was right and she didn't even know the half of what was going to go on in my future life. How interesting.

Well, I got off on a tangent, didn't I? And it had nothing to do with Tarot cards!

Carole C in NOLA on 7/25/05 at 22:30 (179082)

That handwriting analyst sounds fascinating! Amazing that she could be so accurate, based on just your handwriting.

Carole C

Kathy G on 7/26/05 at 08:34 (179100)

Yes, she was amazing. She was brought in on several cases in NH and was very helpful. It's hard to believe but I think NH was one of the first states to use handwriting analysts to assist them. She died a few years ago and it was only then, in her obituary, that I think people who didn't know of her found out that we had such a person working for the state.