Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF pain finally gone unexpectantly due to diet?

Posted by Jean Z on 7/20/05 at 09:20 (178699)

I have been reading the posts from this sight for a long time, getting good advise and help from all of you. I have suffered with PF for almost three years. Have done almost all treatments, ice, rest, physical therapy, shots, orthotics, massage, and taking Vioxx before it was taken off the market, etc. I was pretty much resigned to the fact that I would never be able to do the things I had done before. Several months ago, I purchased a book by Dr. Perricone, 'The Perricone Promise'. I was looking for a diet that was healthy and this diet promoted a more youthful look. Now that I'm in my mid forties, I thought that this would be a good idea to start. I started with the diet in the spring, hoping to ease some of the wrinkles and to gain a better complextion. The most surprising result of this diet was that my PF pain gradually got better. I started walking again! I can now get up in the morning without wincing in pain. The diet is all about eating more anti-inflammatory foods. I really didn't relate the ease in PF pain until a few weeks ago when I was on a cruise for a week was unable to follow the diet as well as I should. My pain started again. Since I have been back home and back on the diet, my PF pain has now subsided again. Just a thought that some of you may want to try this diet to see if it helps. Anyone else have any similar experience? I googled anti-inflammatory foods and found many good articles on the subject. Hope this info helps someone out there.

Re: PF pain finally gone unexpectantly due to diet?

KR on 7/20/05 at 09:31 (178700)

I have been going to a chiropractor who practices ART. This past Monday he suggested to me that I try an anti-inflammatory diet. This sounded crazy to me. Maybe now I will have to try it! I too googled anti-inflammatory foods and it will be hard to do at first, but I guess once you get used to it, it just becomes a life-style. Are you taking any supplements as well?

des on 7/20/05 at 10:32 (178704)

Hi Jean,

I read your post with interest and will look up the google websites too.

I would also like to know if you are taking any supplements -- as that would be important too.

Thanks,
Des

John H on 7/20/05 at 10:33 (178705)

Pure Black Grape Juice would be a good choice for a drink on that anti-inflammatory diet.

Amanda on 7/20/05 at 13:04 (178713)

Jean, what wonderful news! I have been thinking about trying an anti-inflammatory diet as well, possibly the Zone. In addition to PF, I have a lot of back pain, so I'm hoping a dietary change will help with pain relief. I am not overweight but I do believe that the types of foods we eat can alter the way we feel.

LindaV on 7/20/05 at 13:43 (178716)

I tried the Zone, but couldn't stick to it even though I thought the theory behind it made a lot of sense. The hardest diet I tried was to eat right for your blood type. Having A+ blood put me in a category where there wasn't much to choose from.

Jean Z on 7/20/05 at 13:55 (178717)

I'm not using any added supplements, although in the Perricone program, he does suggest several. I have to be careful about extra things I take because of a problem with palpitations. I basically just increased the anti-inflammatory foods that were recommended and have successfully incorporated them into my everyday life. There are a few foods I do not like, I just don't eat those. I don't know that my skin is any better, but I think this did help my PF pain, and from a lot of what I have been reading, this is helpful for many things, like the heart. I see no harm in following the diet and we can only hope it is helpful. Surprisingly it has been helpful to me, not for what I expected, but a welcome relief to the PF pain.