Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Update and Thank you's

Posted by Michele on 7/21/05 at 12:45 (178780)

I first want to thank you all for responding to my previous post. It is very nice to know that I am not alone with this. I really appreciate all of your input.

I saw my doctor on Monday and he wants to do the surgery. He said that he would have suggested it earlier, but he wanted to wait until I had a good response to one of the many treatments we have tried. He mentioned that he thinks it is really odd that after everything I have tried, nothing has worked. So, I am praying that the surgery will give me some sort of relif. I am really scared. I have heard many horror stories, but I have to be positive. This is my last option. He said we can do the surgery, or try everything all over again. I don't have it in me to do everything all over again!

I will be having the surgery sometime in September. Not looking forward to being out of work.

Again, thank you so much for replying to my post and giving me your advice.

Best,
Michele
(email removed)

Re: Update and Thank you's

Ralph on 7/21/05 at 13:19 (178787)

Hey best of luck. Remember to give yourself plenty of time to heal. After reading posts here I'd extend the time you take off from work longer than what your doctor tells you will be necessary as a little safety net. You can always go back to work early, but they hate when you ask for an extension.

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/21/05 at 21:12 (178815)

Michele:
ScottR, in his heel pain book, correctly states that ESWT amy replace most surgeries in the future. If you have not considered it, its consequences are less than that of surgery.
Ed

Amy on 7/21/05 at 22:17 (178823)

Is it the Baxters nerve release? Did you decide on Dr. Theodore? Good luck and keep in touch -
Amy

Orfie on 7/25/05 at 15:41 (179059)

I had the surgery done this past May and I feel a lot better. You will feel soreness and it will take time for your foot to feel 100%. I was scared too and I don't regret it at all. Best of luck to you.

Re: question for orfie

jeannie m on 7/27/05 at 22:27 (179295)

orfie, You wrote to me previously and said you wore apex classic support orthotics. I searched it on the web and came across apex support orthotic for 49.95. It came in full length and 3 quarter. Do you think that is the same as you wear? You are so lucky to be doing well. I am not. We were both done around the same time. I started therapy after the first month and you are starting at 3 months. Interesting how doctors do things different. Well back to my orthotic battle. Good luck in therapy.

Re: question for orfie

Orfie on 7/28/05 at 15:18 (179333)

Hi. The orthotics that the doctor gave me were the full length. I haven't researched the apex online, but the ones I have are a light beige on top with a blue undersole. They feel good to me.
I start my therapy next week, I think I should have started sooner. I hope that my feet feel better.