Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Scott, the Doctors & Health Professionals, and All

Posted by des on 7/21/05 at 13:56 (178792)

Respectfully,

I read often but do not post often as I am at such a standstill with my foot problem and don't really have much to offer.

However since I just read some of the recent posts here regarding the value of this website, I just thought someone may be interested in the following. In a general fashion, it speaks somewhat to this issue. So for those of you who may be interested:

There is a very good book by James P. Gills, M.D. titled 'God's Prescription for Healing.' Throughout he refers to the use of the practice of medicine as God's scientific healing design and our need for all proper medicine, treatments, and preventive health for our bodies as well as help for our minds and emotions, and spiritual lives. (He himself is a very noted and respected eye surgeon at St. Luke's Hospital near Tampa).

For myself as well as I'm sure for many others, I am very thankful and grateful for all the good information I have discovered and received at heelspurs from the good Doctors and Health Professionals who visit here.

They each have given much of themselves through the valued commodity of their time and patience to help through their knowledge, learning, expertise, and compassion.

And not to mention all the 'fellow-patients' who have reached out for help themselves through their questions and then out to one another as they've shared their multi-facted experiences and good information, be it success or failure for them, or their good support to each other.

Sometimes I have come here just to read and relax and 'see friends' and listen to what you are talking about and of course many times I have benefitted from the knowledge given or just found the hope I was needing to hang in there. And a special favorite is a good smile or great laughter I get at some of you. Laughter does help ease the pain ;) and some of you are very good at doing this. I would truly miss this website with all its diversity if it were not here, so I hope you and all the good people will stay.

Re: To Scott, the Doctors & Health Professionals, and All

marie on 7/21/05 at 19:01 (178806)

Oh that was very nice! I'm sure everyone will read your post. :)

marie

John H on 7/22/05 at 09:17 (178840)

Des: Did you by chance read the poem read by Justice Sandra Day Oconnor yesterday? It sounded like something you would enjoy and should read. I am sure you can find it on the net.

Kathy G on 7/25/05 at 08:34 (179026)

des,

I've been on vacation for the last two weeks and have just scanned the Boards to see what is new. I'm in a bit of a rush this morning but I felt I should respond to your thoughtful post.

I'm sorry you haven't made much progress but don't give up hope. Progress can be very, very slow and some of us are never back to what we consider 'normal.' I find it most encouraging if I compare myself and my activities not to others who have no foot problems but to myself and what I was like at my worst. In those five or six years, I've made life changes to compensate for my PF but I can do so much more than I could and my pain is so much less. I've really made great strides :). And when I overdo it, I can bounce back to my norm so much faster than I used to be able to.

Keep on reading and please post occasionally, if only to say hello!

des on 7/25/05 at 11:23 (179044)

Hi,

Thank you Marie, John H, and Kathy G. It was nice to see your posts and I appreciate your words and interest. I'll be looking into your suggestions. Continued progress for all and thanks again.

Des

Re: to Kathy...

Suzanne D. on 7/26/05 at 19:07 (179182)

Hello, and welcome back from vacation! I hope it was relaxing and enjoyable in every way.

Suzanne :)

Re: to Kathy...

Kathy G on 7/28/05 at 08:44 (179312)

Thank you, Suzanne. We had fourteen days and didn't see a drop of rain. Of course, the second week broke records for heat and humidity, even for Cape Cod, and it was pretty tough to sleep, but it was nice to swim twice a day!