Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

shoes for wedding

Posted by Terri D. on 7/22/05 at 10:49 (178845)

I have my heel spurs under control by wearing running shoes, not walking barefoot, and using a orthodic. However, my daughter is getting married and I would like to wear something other than running shoes. I have a pair of Rockport walking shoes that match the dress, but are clunky looking. Would taping my feet help? Any other ideas? I don't want to be in pain for months because I wore the wrong shoes.

Re: shoes for wedding

LindaV on 7/22/05 at 18:21 (178861)

Can you wear an insert in a different pair of shoes (good ones like Naturalizer, Clarks, or others? Superfeet makes a support specifically for dress shoes. I wore nice looking shoes for a while..but brought my sneakers to put on after all the hoop-la was done. Didn't bother me to wear well built dress shoes for 4 hours...but if you want to wear the Rockports (I actually have some very nice dress sandals made by them) all night----do it and do it proudly!!!!

Re: shoes for wedding

Larry Huppin, DPM on 7/29/05 at 21:35 (179468)

Hi Terri - The taping is an excellent idea. Find a local podiatrist or PT to tape your foot, using a lo-dye taping, on the day of or before the wedding. It will give essentially the same support as a good orthosis. I have provided this service to a number of women for special events.