Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Intense pain?????

Posted by fallingstars727 on 7/24/05 at 01:39 (178973)

I have began walking 6-8 miles a day back and forth to work(I don't have a car so I'm used to walking long distances). I wear flip-flops during all my walks but noticed some pain last week. There is a sharp pain that radiates through my foot from the side bottom where it starts to the top (usually just in the side/center of my foot) when I put all my weight on it and when I walk. The pain is basically in the arch of my foot but only on the outside and the pain goes throught to the top part(my top I mean facing the ceiling). The pain mostly disappears when I'm walking in my heels(usually 2-2 1/2 inches). It gets worse the more I walk(barefoot or in flip-flops), I can usually walk for 2-5 min with no problem but long walking sessions make me beg for a wheelchair. To ease the pain I walk on my tip-toes. What is going on??? I used to walk 7 miles a day after work in flip-flops with no problem and now I can barely walk through the mall. After only a week all of a sudden I can't even walk.

Thanks for all of your help...I seriously don't know what to do or what's wrong with me.

Veronica

Re: Intense pain?????

Dr. Z on 7/24/05 at 10:33 (178983)

Hi
This could be plantar fasciitis, stress fracture, nerve problems. I would read the heel pain book. Rest, stay in the high heels . See a doctor for an examination