Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Haglands deformity

Posted by Help I don't know what to do? on 7/24/05 at 13:42 (178995)

I need help! I've had heel pain for over 2 year. I had been going to a podiatrist who tried everything including steroid injection at the site. After he started talking about surgery I decided to go to an orthopedic surgeon. The podiatrist said that I have 2 heel spurs pressing on the bursa, which he wants to remove. The orthopedist says I have haglands deformity with micro-tears in my achilles tendon. He wants to repair the tendon & remove the deformity & says I'll be back to work in 2-4 weeks. I have a job that I do a lot of walking. Anyway, I'm not sure what to do & would appreciate any feed-back, especially on time off work & success of surgery.

Re: Haglands deformity

Dr. Z on 7/24/05 at 15:39 (179002)

If there is going to be a surgical repair of the tendon then you will need to be in a cast for at least eight weeks. The question is do you have a haglunds deformity ? This is where you have pain at the outer upper side of the back of the heel bone. There is no tendon in this are.Do you limp when you first getup in the morning after resting for a period of time?

Help I don't know what to do? on 7/25/05 at 12:01 (179048)

My foot hurts all the time especially the more I walk, by the end of the day I can hardly stand the pain. My pain is is on the upper back of the heal bone on radiates on both side with edema the more I on my feet. I thought the achilles tendon was located there? What should I do???

Help I don't know what to do? on 7/25/05 at 12:03 (179049)

My foot hurts all the time especially the more I walk, by the end of the day I can hardly stand the pain. My pain is is on the upper back of the heal bone and radiates on both sides with edema the more I'm on my feet. I thought the achilles tendon was located there? What should I do???

Help I don't know what to do? on 7/25/05 at 12:07 (179051)

PS. I limp all the time.

Dr. Z on 7/25/05 at 20:19 (179075)

See a podiatrist asap !!!!