Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Is this PF?

Posted by Vix N on 7/25/05 at 20:22 (179076)

Hi everyone. I've been reading here for a few days and am confused if I have PF or not. I apologize in advance for the length of my post.

For the past month or so, my right foot has been really stiff when I get out of bed. My foot stretches when I take a step, but it aches across the ball of my foot. It's not the searing pain that most everyone describes with PF.

It usually is okay throughout the day, but if I sit too long it will get stiff again.

I've seen a doctor about it twice; she thinks I have a stress fracture on my 4th metatarsal (and there is some pain on the top of my foot when she presses down on that area). I feel some minor pulling/popping on the sole of either foot sometimes, but again, it doesn't hurt.

My foot is a little tingly right now and it feels as though one of the muscles above the arch, toward the heel and on the inside of my ankle is mildly cramping.

I stretch my calves and toes a few times a day, and take 800 mg ibuprofen three times a day. I wear a shoe to bed at night to keep my foot in a neutral position and for 10 days I've had no pulling on that foot when I put it down in the morning.

I have high arches and am now the proud owner (?) of an expensive pair of arch supports from the Ideal Foot. I bought them about a week ago and wore them tonight when I did some circuit training work.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.