Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Z-- Now it's my ANKLE!!!

Posted by Kerri on 7/26/05 at 10:30 (179117)

I suffered a rupture of my Plantar Fascia on May 20th. I was in a hard cast for 5 weeks (got it off July 5th). My foot is doing just fine...now my ankle is causing me problems. The back of my ankle is pretty much constantly swollen and behind the outside (lateral?) bone all the way back is pretty painful. I'm going in to see my doctor tomorrow. I understand the stiffness, but the swelling and the pain...??? I'm trying to be a 'big girl' but this injury has robbed me of my summer and I'm starting to get really depressed due to the continual problems.

Re: Dr. Z-- Now it's my ANKLE!!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/26/05 at 10:56 (179118)

Did you have an MRI of the ankle ?

Kerri on 7/26/05 at 11:39 (179128)

No. I'm hoping that the doctor will agree to do one tomorrow.

Kerri on 7/27/05 at 10:02 (179245)

Dr. Z:
I saw my doctor this morning and he wanted to do an MRI, but my insurance makes it cost-prohibitive. So, he has prescribed a Medrol pac and wants me to get a custom orthotic made. I can't remember the word he used and can't find the soft tissue he referred to on any of the general anatomy pictures on the web.

He did say my plantar fascia was loose in the injured foot, but doesn't seem to think that's the problem anymore.

I guess I'll just do this treatment and hope for the best.

Thanks,
Kerri