Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Brenda S.

Posted by Kay on 7/27/05 at 15:43 (179269)

I am in some what the same boat. I have had both of my hand worked on, unfortunatly, they were worked on within a week of each other. Now I have TTs, nuroma, and planters firtitus surgery to go through. I am terrified. My husband to has a bad heart, 2 heart attacks in the past and he is only 37. Plus my daughter has a heart condition until she turns 19 (sounds weird)which she has already had open heart surgery. Anyways, I can tell you right now, the only cure is surgery, I have a very high tolerance to meds. And nothing worked for the pain not even vicadin, percasets, Ibru. 800 mg nothing. In my family CTS and TTS is very herretitary. If you do not get it done, in 6 months, you will not be able to walk. I know money is an issue, trust me, same boat here I am only a part timer myself and my husband works on commision. And with no buisness, no money. Anyways, from one woman to another, get it done. My hands feel great, I am so glad I made that choice.

Re: Brenda S.

Brenda S. on 7/27/05 at 21:32 (179289)

It looks like I am going to have to have it done ASAP. I can hardly walk on my feet now. I told my husband just as soon as he has these other stents put it the last of August I have to have my feet done. I think right now I can hold off on my right hand for a little while. The thumb, index finger and middle finger are giving me the most trouble on it but my feet are killing me. I am so glad to hear from someone in my boat. I get phone calls from bill collectors now but I am not the only one in this world that don't pay these six dollars (sample) charges that insurance companies leave us to pay that they don't pay. It's rediculous but they will eventually get their money. Thanks for the incouragement. God bless you. Keep in touch. My email address is (email removed).

Re: Brenda S.

Brenda S. on 8/02/05 at 11:19 (179733)

Haven't heard from you. How are you doing now? I am still planning on trying to have my surgery in Sept after my husband has the stents put in the back of his heart. Good Lord willing and nothing doesn't happen between now and then. Thanks for listening.