Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I am feeling desperate

Posted by jeannie m on 7/27/05 at 18:46 (179278)

I have asked for help before and I am here again. I had the epf surgery may 18th and was told I had to wear the custom soft orthotics. They really hurt all over making my feet feel sprained and like I have a sock stuck in my arch or something. I went back to the doctor 12 days ago to check them and he said the orthotics were right and that I need to wear them. It is day 12 and they still really hurt to wear. I have high arches.I tried to wear them prior to surgery and they hurt. Will they break in do you think? If the ligament is partially cut is it imperitive that i wear them? Would the operation be useless without me wearing them? I am so scared i will live like this forever. Please advise! Thanks!

Re: I am feeling desperate

Orfie on 7/28/05 at 15:10 (179331)

I had my epf in May 5th and I have to wear the soft inserts that the doctor gave me and they hurt my feet. He said I have to wear them because the arch can be fall. I don't know what else to do either but to continue to wear them. I will be going to physical therapy next week, and hopefully that will help with all of the soreness. Good luck.