Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr Z...is ESWT good if I have PF and baxter nerve entrap. >????

Posted by fernando on 7/28/05 at 22:46 (179357)

I first got PF and a few months ago baxter nerve entrapment, could ESWT be recommended for my PF ???

thank you..

Re: Dr Z...is ESWT good if I have PF and baxter nerve entrap. >????

Dr. Z on 7/28/05 at 22:52 (179360)

Hi

ESWT and nerver entrapements are great togehter. Avoid ESWT

Dr. Z on 7/28/05 at 22:53 (179361)

Typo.

ESWT shouldn't be used with nerve entrapments !!!!

chrisb on 7/29/05 at 14:07 (179424)

Fernando -
How did they diagnose your Baxter nerve entrapment? Do they know WHERE it is trapped?
Chris

fernando on 7/29/05 at 19:08 (179460)

they don't know for sure, I had MRI , bone scans, EMG and everything looks normal but I have a really tough burning pain in the heel and sometimes I feel electricity that goes from the heel toward the big toe, the doctor say that based on this he thinks is baxter's nerve entrap, I have pain on palpation in the wall of the heel ( it is hard to explain the exact location )like two inches below the ankle......tell me about you .... (email removed)

Terri on 8/01/05 at 08:20 (179612)

I'm going to Duke Medical Center this morning for surgery to get the Baxter's Nerve Decompressed. I tried everything. It couldn't happen soon enough. So sick of living this way.

Ralph on 8/01/05 at 08:50 (179620)

Good luck on your surgery Terry. I hope it's a success and you finally get pain relief.

Ken on 7/15/08 at 09:07 (248487)

Looking back after 3 years, was you surgery related to Baxter's Nerve successful?