Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Mike C, Dr. Castro

Posted by Elyse B on 7/29/05 at 11:18 (179390)

Scott are Mike C. and Dr. Castro one and the same. I went back to read Mike C's posting and he is obviously a doctor. Thanks

Re: Mike C, Dr. Castro

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/29/05 at 11:26 (179392)

Interesting,
They both have the opinion about the gastro recession if I recall.

Re: Mike C, Dr. Castro, ScottR

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/29/05 at 11:49 (179398)

Elyse:
Are you saying that ScottR and Dr. Castro are one and the same? If there is one person using three different names, does that not concern you?
Ed

Elyse B on 7/29/05 at 11:51 (179399)

I thought so too, if you read his posts, he 'sounds' like a doctor, I was just curious that is all.

Elyse B on 7/29/05 at 11:52 (179400)

Dr. Ed, please please, please please, please read my posts. It was very clear I was ASKING if Scott knew if Dr. C and Mike C were one and the same.

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/29/05 at 12:03 (179402)

I bet you are correct Elyse I am going back to read his posts . I have some time to kill. I had a patient come for ESWT and they didn't need it so I have an hour to kill.

Elyse B on 7/29/05 at 12:13 (179404)

let us know what you think. He talks about treatments and procedures he has done. Go back until March 2005.

Re: Warning: Elyse and Dr Ed

Scott R on 7/29/05 at 12:26 (179405)

Elyse, there has been a mike c in the past who was probably Dr. Castro. That's the main reason I think he's the real Dr. Castro. Elyse, stay out of arguments and don't support Dr. Castro because I think you're going to jump on the badwagon with anyone who has a contrary opinion to Dr. Ed. We've had two different identifiable posters vote to block Elyse today and two votes to block Dr Ed (yes, I keep track of who votes what). This is not counting any votes that may have occured from Dr. Ed or Elyse. No one has voted to block Dr. Castro. So you see, you two aching for a fight is what gets people angry and annoyed and causing them to leave heelspurs.com, not people like Dr. Castro. I suspect Dr. Ed has chased away more sensitive people than anyone else, eventhough he's senstive himself to various things. But that's what he wants: more serious talk than fluffiness. It's not whether he's right or wrong, but what he says in response to mild offenses. Dr Z knows how to brush it off and deflect it and not be too sensitvie. The problem with Dr Ed's responses is that only thick-skinned people like Elyse are the ones remaining. I myself chase away plenty of sensitive people, but I have to do things vocally siding towards freedom of speech rather than silently block the nasty people (i try not to be passive-aggressive).

Dr Ed and Elyse, ya'll aren't supposed to be talking to each other or referring to each other, and you've both posted nasty things today, and I'm tired of having to deal with the message board, and I have a better blocking system in place. You know this is leading to both of you getting blocked, while Dr. Castro will get to stay. The posting agreement doesn't say 'Be right' or 'Be intelligent' it says 'Be nice.'

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/29/05 at 12:39 (179406)

Scott:
How do you intend to maintain the integrity of this site? It is becoming a circus - really! My dilemna is that I take the integrity of the information on the site very seriously; call that 'thin skinned' if you want. But I have a hard time allowing disinformation, misinformation and placing my name in proximity to it. You don't have a lot of docs being regulars on this site because they too feel that they don't want to be associated with innaccurate information and be bashed by whoever wants to come along and say what they wish anonymously. So ban me if you wish but the numbers of docs on the 'Ask the Doctors' board will continue to dwindle.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/29/05 at 12:40 (179407)

Elyse:
Do you REALLY beleive such a thing? If not, what is the point of bringing it up?
Ed

Sally on 7/29/05 at 12:45 (179409)

You have got to be kidding.
Sally

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/29/05 at 12:46 (179410)

Hey Guys,
I have a suggestion. I just finished the best Hot Fudge Ice Cream.It was from McDonalds. So lets all go get some ice creams. Make sure you do stretch your gastronemius bigger muscle first cause after eating this stuff I am just plain stuffed.
We are all getting too serious about all of this !!!!! Ed I still think My pauline was better at driving me crazy then your Elyse. Once you have been in battle with Pauline there just is no one that can match her.
Pauline please where are you.

Fidel Castro on 7/29/05 at 12:59 (179412)

Who is blocing who?
Fidel

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/29/05 at 13:19 (179413)

David:
I understand what you are saying but the Elyses and Paulines of this site simply distract us from doing what we should be doing on this site, answering poster's questions. A lot of posters and readers simply remain quiet. Interestingly, while the site I maintain on the subject is much smaller, I get almost none of this circus atmosphere.
Ed

Elyse B on 7/29/05 at 13:27 (179415)

Ed, you were the one who disputed Dr. Castro's thinking on the gastroc, then suggested he was baiting the site and then made fun of him as being the Department Head of 'Nothing' so take responsibility please and stop blaming others. Scott go ahead and block me for this posting, but this is always what happens, Dr. Ed starts something and then he blames everyone else for the distractions when they start posting and disputing him. Every single time.

lara on 7/29/05 at 13:37 (179417)

I had to reread your message a few times Elyse before I realized that what you meant to say was 'Scott: Are Mike C & Dr. Castro. . .' It wasn't very clear unless you KNEW (which your brain did, but ours didn't) there should be a break between Scott & the following names. Without the proper punctuation it wasn't clear. We all mess up on our punctuation and typos when on the internet boards. It happens. But then perhaps clarification and correction, rather than defensive would have diffused the situation.

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/29/05 at 13:39 (179418)

Elyse;
Dr. Castro came here to dispute the medical information taught to better than 99% of medical stduents in the US. Don't you think he has some explaining to do? I did not come here simply waving my resume around but have cited massive amount of references to back up my position. My partner, Dr. Leonheart has a nine page resume with a fellowship in ankle reconstruction in Germany and would not so such a thing although he would not spend time on this site arguing with you as the majority of docs do not.
Ed

lara on 7/29/05 at 14:11 (179425)

I vote for keeping Dr. Ed. I've never seen any posts where I thought he was gratuitiously nasty or over-sensitive, but I only read a couple of the boards. However, even assuming he is on occasion too sensitive, my response to him is that he seems sincere, honest, and his heart is in the right place - trying to help patients who are suffering. I am grateful for the time he takes with us.

I get no such feeling about Elyse.

Letting Dr. Castro stay is no big deal since he doesn't seem to be posting.

lara on 7/29/05 at 14:17 (179426)

Hhmmmm. My reaction to this is completely different.

Although there are some on this board who fail to take responsibility for their statements, I don't see where Dr. Ed has failed to do so.

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/29/05 at 15:04 (179430)

lara:
Thank you. What Scott needs to realize is that if I am to take my 'responsibilities' seriously, then I am concerned about the accuracy and integrity of the medical content of the site. Perhaps Dr. Z and Elyse can convince Dr. Castro to return to explain the rationale behind his posts although I feel any poster cannot simply sit on their resume but must make some effort to provide an explaination for their ideas or theories. This situation is a distraction from what I beleive I should be doing in answering questions to posters. Scott is the moderator and needs to be a bit more aggressive with moderation. I have talked to Dr. Wander who posts occasionally. His 'occasionality' is intentional as he does not want to spend a lot of time tied up as I and Dr. Z have been too much.
Ed

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/29/05 at 15:23 (179432)

Mike C and Dr. Castro are one and the same. I have read the posts and this is my feeling

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/29/05 at 15:26 (179434)

I vote for Dr. Ed,
What DR. Ed states is so true. Dr. Castro comes shows a CV and expects for posters to believe the earth is flat. People are entitled to their opinion but you just can't show up and state this and that and to top it off post under two different names.

lara on 7/29/05 at 15:58 (179438)

There is a part of me that wishes Scott was somewhat more aggressive with moderation. I also realize that no matter who was the moderator, I probably would draw the line somewhere else, as would most everyone else on the board (all at different places) and I would hate to have the job. I appreciate the efforts he has made to start this board, and that he is thoughtful about balancing the value of different viewpoints (even when not always graciously espoused by people in pain, frustrated with the system, etc) with the need for civility and good intentions in honest discourse.

I've seen boards where they refuse to intervene because of 'freedom of speech', and it essentially results in the moderates becoming silent. I left one such particulary egricious board. It silences speech just as much as judicious censorship, but takes no action on the part of any one person. So I appreciate Scott's dilemma and that he takes action, and then takes the heat for his decisions. I may decide differently, but he is not 'not deciding' but rather actively deciding on action, or no-action. I imagine as the board has grown, his opinions have changed and morphed. Who knows, they may be morphing now. We all learn how to do things better. Scott just started out as an intelligent patient, not someone trained in sociology of internet discussion groups.

I also appreciate how seriously you take your volunteer role on these boards to provide us with good, accurate medical information. I hope you are able to continue with the boards.

Re: The Earth is flat

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/29/05 at 20:16 (179462)

David:
Excellent analogy.
Ed

Re: The Earth is flat

lara on 7/29/05 at 20:47 (179463)

I thought so too. I couldn't quite articulate what I thought was 'off' - David pretty much summed it up - in 50 words or less.

Dr. Z on 7/29/05 at 20:50 (179465)

The real sad part is that Dr.Casto might have something to offer its just that a patient in pain can't wait for his advice or help or explanations. You are either in heelspurs.com or you aren't.