Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Help with post plantar fascia rupture problem

Posted by Barko on 7/29/05 at 19:39 (179461)

Drs. I ruptured my plantar fascia on my left foot in Oct of last year. I wore a cast for 5/6 weeks and then returned to my normal activities, work and light exercise. Soon I was in alot of pain and my Ortho injected my heel this time from the side. My problem is that now I have all the same symptoms again, pain and burning in my arch, a funny 'popping' feeling that I get with each step right under my arch and also quite a bit of pain on the top of my foot. I didnt feel it Pop like I did the first time when I fell. Could I have ruptured it again? I have another Dr. appt with a Pod and wonder what I should be looking for from him? My work requires that I'm on my feet for extended periods. I would of never thought before this happened to me how totally disabilitating this is.

Kathy

Re: Help with post plantar fascia rupture problem

Dr. Z on 7/29/05 at 20:47 (179464)

Hi
It does sound like another rupture. Stay away from the local steriod injections You will probaby need an MRI. Were you place in biomechanical orthosis

Kathy B. on 7/29/05 at 21:04 (179466)

Thanks Dr.Z for your quick response. I'm sorry but I'm not sure what a biomechanical orthosis is? Do you mean orthotics? I was casted for new orthotics since the rupture last oct. I was supposed to get them in a few weeks. Don't worry about the injection, This last one hurt so much that I actually thought I was going to pass out. I have had several in that foot and they all hurt but this one was very bad. No more of that. It only helps for a little while anyways, then its worse.

Kathy

Dr. Z on 7/29/05 at 22:43 (179472)

Yes orthosis/ Local steriod injections can contribute to ruptures. Avoid them

Veronica O on 7/31/05 at 01:19 (179508)

I heard and felt a pop or tear today. I have plantar fasciitis and now... after the tear/pop my foot is bruising and I can't put weight on it and I feel a lump on the bottom of my heel. The side of my foot is also sweeling and it's extremely painful. Can I please have your thoughts on this whenever you get the chance? Thank you for your time.