Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birkenstocks

Posted by JADO H on 8/02/05 at 07:56 (179711)

I bought two pair of birkenstocks last night.
The Arizona and the Tutami. They feel very comfortable,
I will let everyone know how they feel in about a week.
It is nice to not be in a tight pair of walking shoes.

JADO

Re: Birkenstocks

MARTI on 8/02/05 at 09:27 (179722)

JADO I HOPE THEY WORK FOR YOU AS WELL AS THEY DO FOR ME!!!! I ONLY HAVE ONE PAIR AND I CANT WALK WITHOUT THEM!!!!THEY ARE WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!LET ME KNOW!!
MARTI

JADO H on 8/02/05 at 09:45 (179723)

Awesome, do you wear them all of the time.
Have you ever had orthodics? Do you do any sort
of aerobic exercise? I can not wait to get this
PF under control so I can start being me again.

Thanks for the note.

JADO

Jan P on 8/02/05 at 16:25 (179753)

Jado, I found it very important to break them in slowly. I was told to wear them for 2 hours a day for 2 weeks, and that's about what it took. Now they're all I want to wear!

MARTI on 8/03/05 at 09:20 (179808)

I UNDERSTAND ABOUT BEING ME AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!HATE THIS!!!!!!!!! YES I WEAR MINE ALLLLLLLLLLLL THE TIME!!!!ITS ALL I CAN WALK IN, IF YOU CALL IT WALKING!!! HA HA CANT EXCERICE AT ALL!! GAINING WEIGHT!!UGH BOTH FEET WITH PF!!!!
MARTI

Ken O on 8/06/05 at 18:10 (180149)

JADO, I am a Reflexologist/Massage Therapist. In response to any arobic excercize to improve orthotic comfort: In most cases, I encourage doing jumping jacks on a mini trampoline (32'), with socks only. For Male I suggest 100 reps first thing in the morning. This takes approx 3 minutes.
Do this for 7 days, increase 25 reps every 7 days until a maximum of 300 is reached.
Women: 75 reps also increasing every 7 days by 20 until 200 is reached.
This exercise is the best overall exercise, it increases circulation, cardio vascular, Lymphatic movement, range of motion, muscle tone, balance, non-invasive to arch of foot, works both arms, legs equally to acheive amadexterity and releases endorphans. Thats why all armed forces use jumping jacks, (without the jumper of course), and have for the past 239 years. This is an exercise that is not time consuming, it can be done in limited space and can keep you young throughout your life. Keep in mind you should always check with your Dr. before begining a new routine. If you have any question regarding foot related issues, feel free to respond.
Thanks Ken O.

Re: Trampoline exercises

Margaret B on 8/31/05 at 13:10 (181493)

Ken,
I have diagnosed PF in both feet, bad on and off for 2 years and now chronic and getting worse.I have lots of pain in my legs as well as feet. Have you really had good feed-back from PF sufferers ?, I have a mini tramp, used it last year and gave up ( perhaps too rapidly) when my leg pain got worse. How do you recommend doing the exercise, not on toes I guess? I cycle and it helps with leg pain.

HilaryG on 8/31/05 at 14:12 (181506)

Ken ,I've often wondered if using a trampoline would be ok for those of us with PF. Do you yourself have PF?