2. Dr. Edwards letter to the editor. JAMA. Vol. 283 No. 20, May 24/31, 2000
3. Hawkins BJ, Langerman RJ, et. al. An anatomical analysis of endoscopic plantar fascia release. Foot Ankle Int 1995;16:552-558.
4. Gudeman SD; Eisele SA, et. al. Treatment of plantar fasciitis by iontophoresis of 0.4% dexamethasone. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Am J Sports Med 1997 May-Jun;25(3):312-6 80
5. Japour CJ, Vohra R, et. al. Management of heel pain syndrome with acetic acid iontophoresis. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc 1999 May;89(5):251-7 7
11. Donatelli, Robert MA, P.T. Normal Biomechanics of the Foot and Ankle. J Orth and Sports Phys Therapy. 94, 1985.
12. Kuczmarski RJ, Carroll MD, Flegal KM, Troiano RP. Varying body mass index cutoff points to describe overweight prevalence among U.S. adults: NHANES III (1988 to 1994). Obes Res 1997 Nov;5(6):542-8
13. Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults: the Evidence Report. Obes Res. 1998;6(suppl 2):51S-209S.
14. Bouchard C, Perusse L, Rice T, Rao DC. The genetics of human obesity. In: Bray GA, Bouchard C, James WP, eds. Handbook of Obesity. New York, NY: Marcel Dekker Inc; 1998:157-190
15. Linus Pauling's 1986 How to Live Longer and Feel Better.
16. Ernst ND, Sempos CT, Briefel RR, Clark MB. Consistency between US dietary fat intake and serum total cholesterol concentrations: the National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys. Am J Clin Nutr. 1997;66(suppl 4):965S-972S.
17. Davies MS, Weiss GA, Saxby TS. Plantar fasciitis: how successful is surgical intervention? Foot Ankle Int 1999 Dec;20(12):803-7
18. Carol C. Frey, MD, fifth annual science writers seminar of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
19. Lowell H. Gill, MD, Gary M. Kiebzak, Ph.D. Outcomes of Conservative Treatment for Plantar Fasciitis Paper No. 186. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 1996 Annual Meeting - Scientific Program
20. Ali H. Mokdad, PhD, Mary K. Serdula, MD, MPH. The Continuing Epidemic of Obesity in the United States. JAMA Vol. 284 No. 13, October 4, 2000
21. Scott T. Roberts, surveys conducted at heelspurs.com, 1997-2001. All questionnaires and data in their entirety is available online for review.
22. Woelffer KE, Figura MA, Sandberg NS, Snyder NS. Five-year follow-up results of instep plantar fasciotomy for chronic heel pain. J Foot Ankle Surg 2000 Jul-Aug;39(4):218-23
23. Acevedo JI, Beskin JL. Complications of plantar fascia rupture associated with corticosteroid injection. Foot Ankle Int 1998 Feb;19(2):91-7 56
24. Yudkin, J. (1972) Sweet and Dangerous. Peter H. Wyden, New York.
25. Yudkin, J., et al (Ed.) (1971) Sugar: Chemical, Biological, and Nutritional Aspects of Sucrose. Daniel Davey, Hartford, Conn.
26. Winitz, M., et al (1964) Effect of Dietary Carbohydrate on Serum Cholesterol Levels. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 108:576-579 also (1970) Studies in Metabolic Nutrition Employing Chemically Defined Diets. Am J of Clin Nutr 23:525-559
27. Raymond Kurzweil's 1993 The 10% Solution for a Healthy Life
28. H. L. Newbold's 1991 Dr. Newbold's Type A - Type B Weight Loss Book
29. Newbold, H. L. The reduction of serum cholesterol while feeding a high animal fat diet. Int J for Vit and Nutr Res 1986; 56:190
30. Newbold, H. L. Reducing Serum Cholesterol by Feeding a High Animal Fat Diet. Southern Medical J 1988; 81:61-63
31. Jared Diamond's 1992 The Third Chimpanzee