EPF failed; what next?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Heel Pain Message Board ]

Posted by Melissa on September 07, 1998 at 20:22:02:
Last Monday, my podiatrist confirmed that the EPF I had on July 6th did not work. When I asked him if I was still recovering from surgery, he said "That foot will continue acting that way as long as you are walking on it at work." He's usually hopeful, but this time he was not. Now he's just trying to keep me working and as comfortable as possible. A colleague of mine who had EPF at the same surgery center I did but with a different podiatrist said her operation worked, but it took over a year until she was pain free. I've resigned myself to teaching all year with PF pain, with the hope that I'll be recovered by next summer.

In the mean time, is there anybody who has had the EPF who can give me suggestions for what has worked after the surgery and after that first few weeks of recovery? I'm in a cast boot right now, and will be in that for at least the next two weeks. That helps decrease my pain at work and move around my classroom easier. However, the weekend comes, and I end up being laid up with intense stabs of pain shooting up and down the inside of my arch. Even Demerol has failed to kill the pain. I would like to do something besides work and sit in front of the television.

Thank you in advance for any ideas you have!

Melissa

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup
Name:
E-Mail: (optional)
Please CHANGE the subject heading below to summarize your response to this post.
Subject:
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Heel Pain Message Board ]