Re: Walking Cast

Posted by Sally T. on 12/29/98
Jamie, I was in a walking cast for five weeks at the first of this year. I also had no pain at all while I wore it. I was even able to snowmobile while I had it on. I couldn't wait to see how I felt when it came off. I hate to tell you this, but it was worse than ever. Not only did my foot still hurt, but my leg muscles were very week. The ortho doctor that put the cast on was on vacation when it was time for it to come off so I saw his associate. The associate stated that he wouldn't have put me in a cast. He also told me the inserts the first doctor told me to wear were not the best ones. He said he couldn't remember what the best ones were.(Duh!) He went on to tell me there was nothing else they could do for me and I would have to heal my foot myself. He told me to stretch and sent me on my way. I requested never to see him again! I went on to have surgery which helped very little. My feet feel better now that I have taken the advice of some on this site. Far from being healed but hopefully on the way. I personally would not have another walking cast put on. I hope this helps in your decision.
dp5-34.sdi.agate.net 09:17:50

Follow Ups To This Message:

Post A Followup To This Message:

Name:
E-Mail: (optional)
Modify the subject heading below to summarize your response.
Subject:
Comments: