Re: Any Long Term Post-Op Patients (Would You Do Over?)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Heel Pain Message Board ]

Posted by eileen on March 24, 1998 at 13:04:43:
In Reply to: Any Long Term Post-Op Patients (Would You Do Over?) posted by LindaG on March 19, 1998 at 21:23:59:
Hi, I am 7 1/2 month post op EPF and am doing pretty well. I am not pain free which I had expected and am very dissapointed, but I am able to go shopping in a mall for 1-2 hours with minimal tightness or acheyness. I am on no anti-inflamatory medications since surgery, prior to this I could not stand or walk for a year without taking them. I am still not able to do any exersices like bike or nordic trac airwalker with tightness and pain, so thats not great. I am planning on trying to walk the high school track soon to work myself up to a mile a day if I can. Since the surgery I have also change my lifestyle which can have a lot to do with less pain also. I now have a job that is sitting instead of on my feet all day and this change has allowed me to be more active and moving when I am not working. I do feel this has helped as much as the surgery, sad to say. My other foot which has fascitis also is much better without surgery just from my job change and less time on my feet. I still feel I would have done the surgery and taken a chance. I had no complication and recovery was
uneventfull but boring. Good luck in your decision, its not easy to decide

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Heel Pain Message Board ]