Re: After Surgery

Posted by eileen on 2/28/99
hi , I had a epf in sept 1997 on my left foot with partial relief, I too was schelduled to have the right foot done but cancelled this, for 2 reasons. #1 the first surgery did not give complete relief and the right foot seemed better with rest since I was off my feet recovering from surgery on the left. I continue to have mild pain in the left heel , definetly not as bad as before surgery. I still cannot walk more than a 1/2 mile on the track without discomfort. But I am able to walk a mall without pain and do all my errands and such 99.9% pain free most days. I continue to take antiinflamatory meds for comfort. I stop them but the pain and tightness returns quickly. I still stretch daily. I think the one thing that keeps me almost pain free is the change in my lifestyle. I changed jobs from one of constant walking and on my feet, to a sitting position and I only walk malls, no 3-5 miles walks for me anymore. It worth the change to be almost pain free. I continue to wear birks in the hours and athletic shoes and orthotic out. I would say the surgery took the edge off the pain but not much more, and if I increased my activity I would have severe pain in a very short period of time. good luck in you quest to be pain free. eileen

spider-wc041.proxy.aol.com 10:11:11

Follow Ups To This Message:

Post A Followup To This Message:

Name:
E-Mail: (optional)
Modify the subject heading below to summarize your response.
Subject:
Comments: