Re: Has anyone here had EPF? I have questions about it.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Heel Pain Message Board ]

Posted by Melissa on June 22, 1998 at 17:52:00:
Diana,
Thank you for your response. I'm not having doubts about the surgery. If I don't have the surgery now, and have to have it during the school year, my career will be ruined since I had ankle surgery last September. I am going into my fifth year of teaching, and I cannot afford to give up my job or change careers at this point. I really love teaching! I either have to have surgery now, or teach all year in pain. My podiatrist says he has a 90% success rate with this procedure. I've been through stretching, heel cushions, ice, night splint (unbearable pain trying to wear that torture device), and three cortisone shots. I haven't worn Birks, but I did try them on one time and found them extremely uncomfortable. I'm also not allowed to wear them to work. I can't use arch supports because they are also painful.

I read nearly all the previous posts about EPF. I found quite a few success stories. It sounds like I stand a decent chance of being fully functional by the time school starts in August if I rest during the weeks after surgery. I had very little pain after my ankle surgery last fall (until I started to try to walk on it), so I wanted to know if that is what I can expect with this surgery.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Heel Pain Message Board ]