Re: Looking for options and advice for Plantar Fascitis
Posted by Dayna on 1/29/99
1) Orthotics/inserts, try OTC but don't rule out custom orthotics
2) Supportive shoes (I live in laceups) that are professionally fitted by someone who knows how to do it, not Foot Locker, Kenney, Baker, etc. Look at their selection, if you don't see lots of 'old-lady navy blue Ugly shoes' along with the pretty dressy ones, keep going (no disrespect intended to those people of advancing years).
3) NEVER go barefoot, NEVER EVER AGAIN, at least not until this is under control. Put your shoes on before you get out of bed, leave them on until you get into bed. Wear an arch support band or ace bandage in the shower even, the slightest little thing could reinjure you, expecially at first.
4) Ice to relieve swelling and pain.
5) Keep coming to the board, and let us know how you're doing, we care.
Follow Ups To This Message: