Re: Warm weather may be the trick

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Heel Pain Message Board ]

Posted by Cindy on March 30, 1998 at 19:12:40:
In Reply to: Re: Warm weather may be the trick posted by Karl on March 30, 1998 at 17:36:40:
Well, I don't really know that much about nerve entrapment; its about the same in the foot as it is in the wrist where its carpal tunnel (in the foot its tarsal tunnel). I just know that my dr. said the burning was a symptom, especially if its worse when you are off your feet. Also, the shooting pain under the ankle bone is a symptom.

I am seeing dr. tomorrow for an evaluation of nerve entrapment, so I might know more then. When I had the Epf surgery, Dr. told me that sometimes the release of the fascia will help the entraped nerve, too. And, I do have less burning in the foot since the EPF, but still do have some (50% of what I had before the EPF), and s0me shooting pain in the ankle area.

I had an EMG to test for tarsal tunnel on both feet a year or so ago - it showed no problems. But, my dr. says it should be done standing up and mine was lying down. Also, he said that even if its done standing up its not always conclusive on the issue. So, I;m not sure how they ever know if you really have it! Will report after tomorrow's appmt.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup
Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Heel Pain Message Board ]